Field Abstract & Title, LLC was established by Joseph M. Schaefer in 1911 under the name of J.M. Schaefer Abstract Company. In 1940, Max Wann and Earl Field purchased the J.M. Schaefer Abstract Company, and renamed it Wann and Field Abstract Company. After World War II, Earl Field bought Max Wann's part of the company, and renamed it Field Abstract & Title Company.
In 1970, Earl Field purchased the Ostrum Abstract Company, and incorporated the records of Francis Ostrum into those of Field Abstract. Everything stayed the same until 1976 when Bob Schibi bought the business, and ownership changed hands.
Field Abstract & Title Company was located at 1205 Fort Street (across the street from the front door of the Ellis County Courthouse) from 1951 until 1995. On January 14, 1995, offices were relocated to 1201 Fort Street providing additional space for operation and a better service to the customer.
In 2010, Field Abstract was restructured as Field Abstract & Title, LLC with Bob Schibi and Eric Schibi as its members.